By- Dr. Uday Sankar
- •Definition and synonyms of the term Sharira.
- •Definition and synonyms of the term Kriya.
- •Description of Sharira dosha and Manasa dosha.
- •Mutual relation between Tridosha, Triguna and Panchamahabutas.
- •Difference between Shaarira and Sharira.
- •Description of the components of Purusha and Classification of Purusha.
- •Role of Shatdhatu purusha in Kriya Sharira and Chikitsa.
Importance of Sharira Kriya
- The subuject kriya sharira is very essential for achiving 2 goals
- –To keep fit
- –To cure the patient
- Sharira Kriya vijnana is made from 3 words
Definition and synonyms of the term Sharira.
- Tanu – that which expands.
- Tanoo – which is made up of very minutest things.
- Samhanana- which is having compactness.
- Kalevara – which is result of Kalala.
- Vigraha – that which grasps several things
- Deha – one which nourishes continuously
- Kaaya -one which nourishes continupously with the help of anna.
- Anga – one which is made up of several parts
- Vapu -one which makes dehantara gamana.
- Varshma – one who oozes continuously
- Puram – which is a place
- Pinda – one which is having exact shape
- Kshetra – which is having empty space with in.
- Gaatra – which is having particular shape.
- Ghana – one which is solid in nature
- Moorthy – one which occupies some space
Definition of Kriya
Description of Sharira dosha and Manasa dosha
- There are different constituents of the body which are grouped into 3 principle eliments.
- The 3 elements or bio-energies, which control 3 important functions of the body like movement, metabolism and stability, these elements are called sharira doshas.
- These are
वायु: पित्तं कफश्चेति त्रयो दोषा: समासत: ॥
विकृताऽविकृता देहं घ्नन्ति ते वर्त्तयन्ति च ।
- These 3 doshas pollute them self’s as well as pollute certain other factors are called as doshas.
- These 3 doshas also maintain the health of the individual by controlling the physiological factors in the body.
- Hence at normal stage these are called –Tridathus – factors which bare or nourish –Tristhoona – 3 pillars